Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Donut Muffins!

Seriously? Its been since April?! I thought for sure I had posted something in June!? Guess not. Anway. I am alive for the 5 of you who read this!

With all of the relocation business, I didn't get to cook as much as I would've liked to. We move into our house Sept 1 so things will change then!!

I have gotten to try out a few recipes that Ive really liked, so I will try to post these over the next week or so.

To start....a recipe from TastyKitchen.com. I am not even sure how I came across these but they are absolutely awesome! I love how easy they are to make and the impressive flavor they have. Muffinman has named them "MuffinNuts" but I didn't think that was appropriate....My recipe below is a little different from the one on Tasty Kitchen. I used mini muffin pans and added vanilla and LorAnn's Buttery Sweet Dough Emulsion.  I first read about this on Joy the Baker's blog. I am now obsessed. DONT STRESS!! You can find it at Hobby Lobby in the cake decorating section (fair warning, its on a low shelf, so don't panic if you have to really search!)

Donut Muffins (makes 4 dozen mini muffins)
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh zested nutmeg (or you can use the bottled)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Lorann Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsions
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spray the mini muffin tin lightly with cooking spray
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinamon in a medium bowl
4. Combine the remaining ingredients with a whisk in a separate bowl
5. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined
6. Fill the muffin tins up a little over halfway (they come out looking more like donut holes than muffins this way)
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes (18 was perfect for my oven)
8. While they bake, prepare your toppings: cinnamon sugar, chocolate glaze, vanilla glaze.....you name it!
9. Pop the muffins out immediately and dip in toppings.
10. Let cool completely and store in ziploc bags or an airtight container.

Toppings:
Cinnamon Sugar: Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, melt butter in another. Dip donuts in butter then in cinnamon sugar
Chocolate glaze: Pour 1/2 cup boiling hot cream over 6 oz chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Dip donuts in the chocolate
Vanilla Glaze: Melt 4 tbs of butter. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup (or more as needed) powdered sugar. Dip donuts into glaze. You can also add the Lorann Emulsion to this as well!!
*Add sprinkles as desired! :-)

No comments: