Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beef stir Fry

Man I am not keeping up with my new years resolution to blog….but Im kinda sick of the computer by the time I get home from work! I’ll do better, I promise!

I realize that I have many visions for this blog--- eat healthy, create new recipes, post new finds, etc. I will apologize in advance for it taking a new direction each time I post! I have recently re-discovered my love for cooking and baking, and want to cook all day long…. Problem is I have to work, and if I didn’t work, I wouldn’t be able to support my kitchen obsession. So my time with the kitchen is confined to a couple hours in the evenings, and whatever time I can put together on the weekends.

As I was debating what to make for dinner last night, I was dreading cooking. I wanted to BAKE! After giving the husband a choice of chicken, beef, or shrimp (of course, he chose beef) I began to think through what I would do with the frozen .8 lb of flank steak. I had some fresh snap peas and mushrooms, so I decided to make a pseudo-stir fry.

Once I had the steak defrosted, cubed, and browning in a pan, I stared at it…in love. The new Train song “Hey Soul Sister” was playing, and I was in heaven. Clean kitchen to cook in, music on the radio, and cooking.

I opted not to bake last night, since I had just finished a cake the night before…. Ill post about that later. For now, here’s what I did with dinner

Beef Psuedo-Stir Fry (created by whatever you have on hand!)
~ 1 lb stew meat, flank steak, or any other steak you can cube
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbs minced garlic
½ cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 cup sugar snap peas
2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
Salt an pepper

Directions
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or wok and brown meat. Season with salt and pepper
2. Remove meat from pot, and place on a paper towel lined plate
3. Pour out grease from pot and wipe any excess out with a paper towel
4. Return pot to stove and on medium/low heat, add in sesame oil and garlic
5. Brown garlic, stirring often, for about 4 minutes
6. Add in the vegetables, and stir occasionally, for about 6 minutes
7. Add in the soy sauce and turn the vegetables to coat
8. Add the beef back in a heat thoroughly.
9. Serve over brown rice.








- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: