Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

So Long, Farewell!!!

Yes folks, crockpot week is over, and I, for one, am elated.Crockpots are cool and all, but most food tastes better cooked other ways (in my opinion).

Friday I opted not to cook, and we, instead, went out for the husbands birthday. We always enjoy The Keg, and this visit was no different. A great dinner accompanied by some good wine and conversation with excellent bartenders made our evening complete (thanks Chris and Ryan!).  Here you can see Chris pouring me (yet another) glass of Jaboulet Cotes du Rhone "Parallele 45."


Saturday, I recovered! We decided to grill because the day was just too gorgeous to be stuck inside! I found a neighborhood Walmart Market nearby that I never knew existed....and love it! We bought a whole organic chicken and some ribs to grill. As you can see below, husbands are excellent at splitting chickens! :-) Its that Texas A&M degree....
Accompanying the great meat were grilled vegetables, and excellent roasted potatoes.  It was a great way to round of the closing of a weekend! Stay tuned this week for some leftover casserole recipes!

No comments: