Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cooking Extravaganza!

Yes, you read it right! After I came home and deep cleaned my kitchen, I proceeded to destroy it again! :-) Since I am leaving the dear muffinman to fend for himself this weekend, I wanted to make a few things for him to have to eat. In addition, I wanted to make something for a co-workers birthday tomorrow and something to bring to my parents.

For the birthday, I opted for one of my favorites....and something very easy. Chocolate Chip Blonde Brownies, you can find the recipe I use here. For my parents, delicious bread (I really wanted to try out the soft pretzel recipe, but I didn't have the right dough made! Stay tuned, that will definately be in the near future). My husband was so enthralled with the loaf of bread I made, I had to quickly mix up another batch of dough so he could have a loaf for this weekend!!

So, my list of items cooked tonight.....macaroni and cheese, au gratin potatoes, chocolate chip blonde brownies, mexican chicken casserole (made with leftover bbq chicken, so Im sure it tastes more like bbq chicken casserole), 2 loaves of white bread, and prepped the ingredients for a crokpot venison stew (Thanks April for the excellent recipe!!). In addition, I made dinner. That consisted of baked chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, and asparagus with goat cheese and walnuts.

If you even like asparagus in the slightest amount, you will have to try this super simple recipe. It looks pretty and sounds elaborate, so it's a great one to serve at dinner parties or holidays!

Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
(print my recipe @ TastyKitchen.com)
Ingredients
10 spears Asparagus

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Walnuts, Chopped
about 1 ounce  Goat Cheese, Chopped
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Rinse and trim the asparagus.
3. Add olive oil to a small rimmed baking sheet.
4. Add asparagus to the oil and shake to coat.
5. Sprinkle with walnuts.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes (until tender).
7. Remove from the pan, place on a serving dish, and sprinkle with goat cheese, adding more if desired.

No comments: