Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Eating Plan!

This week has been a little hectic due to a safety meeting at work. It took all my strength to stay away from the sandwiches and pasta (and cookies and brownies) that were lingering. So, Monday and Tuesday, I just tried to eat decently. My nutrients weren’t so balanced. From what Ive read, its ok to have some meals off balance as long as your overall day adds up properly.

A little background into what I am doing. . . I can have up to 95 grams of carbs and 95 grams of protein daily (sets no limit on calories). You can subtract the dietary fiber from the carbs, so that helps balance out some foods that are whole wheat, etc. I also am trying to remain under 30% of my calories from fat. To calculate calories from fat…. Take the total amount of fat and multiply by 9. Then divide that by your total calories, and multiply by 100.

Here are my food and calculations for today. All I had around me was some stale pretzel goldfish, so that’s what I had for breakfast. You can see I made up for the wacky carbs by eating higher protein for lunch. Dinner carbs look high, but the brown rice and kidney beans also have a lot of fiber to even it out.

Breakfast – 1 serving pretzel goldfish: 130 calories, 2g fat, 24g carb, 3g protein, 1g dietary fiber (which we will now refer to as DF)

Lunch – ½ of California Salad from Target with Walden Farms Ranch dressing (threw out the cranberries and walnuts from the salad – so, chicken, goat cheese, and lettuce): 210 calories, 7g fat, 1g carb, 33g protein, 0g DF

Snack – 1 serving (3 slices) 98% fat free turkey, 2 Claussen mini dill pickles: 52 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 9g protein, 0g DF

Dinner – 3oz Holmes Andouille Sausage, ½ cup brown rice, ½ cup red beans, 1 cup steamed snap peas: 485 calories, 16g fat, 50g carbs, 32g protein, 12g DF

Snack – Jello dark Chocolate Mousse: 60 calories, 3g fat, 10g carbs, 2g protein, 1 g DF

Totals: 937 calories, 29g fat, 88g carb, 79g protein, 14g DF
Summary: 28% calories from fat, 74g carbs, 79g protein

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us! I think I'll be one day behind you . . . kind of!!